Tuesday, July 21, 2009

First time I'm in the wrong

In an accident,that is.

Yes, finally i've been in an accident in which I'm at fault. At least in the eyes of the law.

Got into a fender bender today on the bridge after Batu Tiga toll off the Federal Highway. What happened? I was driving when the car in front of me braked suddenly at the traffic light. He didn't notice the lights had turned red and so did I. He braked, I braked. But the accident cannot be avoided. Was I speeding? I was going at less than 60kmph as i was moving from 1 traffic light to another. Was I too close to the car in front of me? I was about 3 cars length away from him when i braked. But thanks to the slippery road condition, I could see my self slowly sliding all the way to give the front guy a bump.

Car couldn't stop. Knocked into the back of another car. Whose fault? Mine. Simple as that.
Went to make a police report abou the accident. Drove to the nearest pondok polis to report but was told that only the bigger stations accept accident reports. Was told to go to the police station in USJ to make police report. We (the banger and the bang-ee) had to find our around USJ to find the police station. Then we were told that we could not report the accident there as that bridge where the accident occurred is not in their jurisdiction.

We were then told to go to the police station in Shah Alam to make the report. Sigh, it was more driving and finding our way. Managed to find our way and arrived at about 5.45pm. Luckily the servicde in this station was prompt as well as friendly. No doubt it was my fault, but this people made the ordeal much better after we were being led on a wild goose chase earlier.

Everything was settled. I was slapped with a summons (i'm already very broke...) and then both of us; banger and bang-ee; went our seperate ways back home. It was a long day indeed.

Looking on the bright side, i'm lucky i was onl involved in a minor accident. At the police station, i saw some pretty bad car wrecks whcih made me lose my appetite. I think those people were involved in that accident was definitely having a worse day than me.

Sigh, can't complain. But isn't that what I'm doing here? Whining and grumbling.
Thats all I can do. But at least I'm safe.

To all of you readers, have a safe trip where ever you may heading in bad weather,


Boodyboy, out!!

7 comments:

firefly said...

hahahaha.... padan muka.... wakakakaka..

Boodyboy said...

Wah... you like that say to your cousin wan ah?

Anonymous said...

Accidents happen, but that's important here is that you're safe!

Boodyboy said...

yeah, i live to die another day, hahahaha
;-p

firefly said...

haha... welll... usually u tend to say bad stuffs to ppl u r close... so u must b bangga when i kutuk u... hohohoho

Boodyboy said...

wah, i got so bad wan meh?
Are you sure you are talking about me?

firefly said...

u memang bad sejak kecil...

errr... nah...say tat just to make u happy.. happy bo?wakaka..