Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Loneliness

lone·ly
[lohn-lee]

–adjective, -li·er, -li·est.
1. affected with, characterized by, or causing a depressing feeling of being alone; lonesome.
2. destitute of sympathetic or friendly companionship, intercourse, support, etc.: a lonely exile.
3. lone; solitary; without company; companionless.
4. remote from places of human habitation; desolate; unfrequented; bleak: a lonely road.
5. standing apart; isolated: a lonely tower.





**************Warning: Emo post**************

So thats the dictionary's definition of Loneliness.

Many a times we watch movies, and we see this guy, very popular, and every1 knows his name. Everywhere he goes ppl are shaking his hand, giving him a hug / hi five and stuff like that. Every1 wants to be as famous as him. Then the next scene we see him all alone, sad, without true friends that he really craves.

Next you have a guy who seems like the ordinary quiet guy. He goes to work, becomes the unassuming person. He goes about his business without much fanfare and does the same thing everyday. He knows a lot of people, but yet not many people knows his name. This guy also, in the end, goes home and spends his time alone, wishing he was the popular guy he sees on tv.

There are also people who seems to have tonnes of stuff to do everyday. He has many social circles. He seems to be up and about all the time; only going home to sleep on most nights. It seems that he has a huge circle of friends because he has so many activities lined up almost every week. Then you see this guy, somedays sitting alone, wondering why he doesnt have any clsoe friends he can confide in. All his friends are there for the happy times. When he out to have a fun time, he meets these people. When he's feeling down, there he is, just sitting down alone.

***********************

Loneliness exists in many ways to many people. Maybe except if the person enjoy being alone.

I think loneliness is something that surrounds you when you are unhappy or lost during a moment in your life. It is something that, regardless if u have 50 people around you or 0 person around you, the feeling is there. Loneliness is only missing when times are good. Without good times, we might fall into the trap of being lonely and helplessness. Hence our long term goals and objectives are the things that will keep us going in times of loneliness.

I have to admit, I fear loneliness. That is why I try my best to fill up my free time. Some people wonder if I'm crazy when I go for sports / workouts on consecutive days. Sometimes I go gym then play futsal in the same day after about an hour's rest. Why physically exert myself?

Cause I will at least become fitter, while avoiding this feeling. I burn calories and also, research has shown that working out does release hormones that makes us feel good. Plus, to workout at the gym, you don't have to find friends, you can just do it by yourself without the hassle of organising.

The restlessness I feel, is part of the frustration that I have nothing to do, and the fact that I am lonely. I hate loneliness, I despise it! It makes me feel helpless over my ownself and at the same time, there isn't any1 to turn to.

Anyways, here's Babyface, singing The Loneliness




[Verse 1]
Im sitting here
Thinking bout
How im gon-na do without
You around in my life and how am I
I gon' get by
I ain't got no days
Just lonely nights
You want the truth
Well girl im not alright
Feel out of place and out of time
I think im gonna lose my mind

[Chorus]
So tell me how you feel (im lonely)
Are you for real (so lonely)
Do you still think of me (i think of you)
Baby still (are you lonely)
Do you dream of me at night (like i dream of you all the time)
So let me tell you how it feels (its like everyday i die)
Wish i was dreaming but its real (when i open up my eyes)
Let me tell you how it feels (and don't see your pretty face)
I think that i will never love again

[Verse 2]
I miss your face
I miss your kiss
I even miss the arguments
That we would have from time to time
I miss you standing by my side
I'm dying here its clear to see
There ain't no you, God knows there ain't no me
Don't wanna live, I wanna die
If I cant have you in my life

[Chorus (repeat till end)]
So tell me how you feel (im lonely)
Are you for real (so lonely)
Do you still think of me (i think of you)
Baby still (are you lonely)
Do you dream of me at night (like i dream of you all the time, so lonely)
Oh let me tell you how it feels (its like everyday i die)
Wish i was dreaming but its real (when i open up my eyes)
Let me tell you how it feels (and don't see your pretty face)
I think that I will never love again




Boodyboy, out!!!

1 comment:

§oŁЇtǺ®ÿ ®o§ě said...

I feel lonely all the time too. Even in a party I feel lonely. *sighs* What is wrong with me? :( This song damn emo wey..... T_T