Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Finally, 2 dozen years old and 9 days

It was one heck of a roller coaster fortnight for me. Things went slightly downhill for me just a day before my birthday and I was thinking, man, i might as well just not worry about it anymore and not get disappointed by anymore bad news.But the thing is, it was a great birthday weekend for me. Well, almost perfect (damn, we humans are never satisfied right?). but then again, i cant say that what i wanted was over the top by any means.

Moving on now, had a quiet but hectic saturday rushing to finish all my laundry so i can enjoy sunday and monday. but of course, mother nature didnt really help, not much sunlight at all, but nevertheless, i still managed to get the job done.

Spent Sunday lunch with my ex-unimates and my guest of honour, JJJ at Coliseum Cafe in middle of town. Was a bit disappointed with the quality of the food as i think they have deteriorated since the last time i visited the place.

We then went on a day long date, which began with going to the Aquaria (since she's nvr been there before). JJJ was behaving like a little girl whose was very excited, hehehe. Later, we shopped a bit around KLCC before heading for dinner in Bangsar. The place, Tea For 2, is one of our favourite places as they served great food and provided good service. The place was also very peaceful and quiet, just perfect for a romantic dinner.

Then we went to catch a movie (thanks to the free movie tickets my company gave me as a birthday gift) at the mall near my place. The movie, Twilight, was her choice as she has been dying to see it for some time already. JJJ thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but howeverm i felt the movie could do better. Who cares! as long as she had a great time, so did i!! Afterthe movie, we were both dead tired for the day. Called it a night,

The next day, JJJ and I headed to the Curve to have brunch with a couple of ex-colleagues. On the way there, we picked up IS at KL Central. Met up with KNO, EC, M, EY(and his gf, N), CY, her hubby GK and her new born baby, DK (who was the star of the afternoon). Ate, drank and chatted merrily for about 4 hours before JJJ and I headed for another movie, Madagascar 2 at Cineleisure. The movie was funny and much better compared to Twilight, and the couple seats were very comfortable. After that, we decided to have dinner at Dragon-I. JJJ then dropped me off in klang where i met up with my mum and sis, who were there visiting my aunt Helen. After visiting my aunt, we headed back home.

Overall, i was happy with the way that weekend ended. I'm pleased that JJJ went home happy (can't even remember when the last time she went home unhappy after our date) and i was happy everything turned out alright. But of course, It will cost me bomb by the time my credit card bill comes at the end of the month. I bought many things, and themost expensive item i spent on was a new mattress for myself. I told myself i deserved to sleep on a comfy bed and so i blew a huge wad of cash on it. Plus all the meals and our R&R stops. Sigh... happiness has a price i guess...

Well, the week after my birthdayw as another roller coaster. Started on a high and went downhill after that. And since its the monsoon season, the weather has been pretty bad, and together with cheaper petrol, that meant worse jams! ARGH!!! And yes, even doing simples chores like laundry will take forever to dry. Which makes me very sad, because during times like these, i feel that sometimes even mother nature is against me. She wont even let me be happy in completing a single task. Oh well, this week is a new week, and i do hope that it gets better and better. Times are tough, but it isn't only affecting me. It affects other people as well. I cant be selfish and expect ppl to pity me when times are tough on me. People dont owe me anything, so yeah i cant demand their attention either.

But yeah, i'm hoping the skies will clear up and show me a sunny day soon. Or at least a star filled sky...


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: