Thursday, August 6, 2009

Korean Food @ Ko Hyang, The Gardens/Midvalley

Hi all,

Here I am, just back from dinner with a colleague of mine.

Name of the place is called Ko Hyang. Its located at the lower ground level of The Gardens mall. Just take the escalator down at Coach and you will see it on your left.

Its a pretty small place, and when i reached the place at 8.15pm, the place was still packed. There wasn't even a place to sit. And i was thinking to myself, I've been to Midvalley and The Gardens so often, how come I've never noticed this place?

My colleagues said that the food here is good, and judging by the crowd at 8.15pm, I have a cause to believe what she said. So we waited awhile and then decided to just sit on the long table on the counter. The kitchen area was very small and I can see 7 people inside working cook and clean at the same time. 2 of them were older Korean people, which i presume are a Husband and Wife team as they are both Koreans while the restaurant area is manned by a younger Korean woman, which i presume her to be the owner's daughter since they have some resemblances.

Since we were not really hungry, I just ordered the Chicken cooked with chilli and vegetables and green tea. THat is one of the more common Korean food and I must say it was pretty well done. They served brown rice with my food and it was so good I had extra helpings of rice. The Side vegetables, i don't know what its called, was a combination of kimchi, ikan bilis with chilli and cucumber kimchi i think. They tasted pretty good (but since i'm not a fan of Korean food, i can't really judge) and basedon my research on other food blogs, the other bloggers seems to agree that the food there is pretty good and authentic.

For less than RM20, i think its quite a good deal for Korean food and looking by the amount of people at the restaurant, i think they agree with me.

I liked the food, the price, the "ambience" (if u go there you will know what i mean ;-p) and also the good company.

If you are in the area and you happen to hungry, give the place a try!

Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: