Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Special Tribute to...

My handphone. Why a special tribute to it all of a sudden?

Because I just realised my phone is already more than 5 years old!!
Can you imagine that?!? How many of you, fellow readers and bloggers alike, are still using a phone that is 5 years old? And not just as a spare phone. Its has been my primary and only phone for 5 years. And you guys must be wondering, what phone model is it that can last 5 years without any major problems? Its a Nokia 6670, one of the earliest smartphones launched by Nokia.


It has served me very well. And its still going strong actually, despite its age. Although sometimes it does act up, I can't really blame it. After all, in handphone years, its probably equivalent to 90 human years. Yes sometimes my calls will drop. sometimes i can't hear the calls clearly, sometimes the caller can't hear me at all. And sometimes, no calls get through to me. But everytime I'm tempted to get a replacement, it works just fine again.

And the strange thing is that I've never bothered to give it a name despite us being close together for 5 years. Yes, my phone was the closest thing to my body for the past 5 years, something girls who go ga-ga over me could only dream of. LOL! The last line was a joke.

Well, today I shall give a toast to my phone, which, together with me, has shared many words of joy, despair, anger, gratitude and all other feelings for the past 5 years. Its has allowed me to communicate with all my loved ones and friends shared many moments which i still cherish. messages that were sent conveyed all types of feelings, but I choose to remember all the best moments I had.

While I now ponder on whether I should retire it after 5 years of wonderful service, or allow it to continue serving me until it reachs the end of its life cycle. My favourite phone to replace my trusty old 6670 is the Nokia E52 which was released just this month. Its also a smart phone, which i think is a 5th generation smartphone from Nokia. The first generation generation is of course my dear 6670.

Well below will be a quick description of my Nokia 6670 taken from Wikipedia.

****************************


The Nokia 6670 is a 2004 smartphone from Nokia. Based on the Series 60 platform, the phone is a tri-band business version of the consumer Nokia 7610, and features a 1.0 megapixel digital camera, 8MB of storage (as well as RS-MMC expansion slot) and a 65,536 colour 176x208 TFT screen. Software includes viewers for Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files, a full HTML compatible web browser, and a GPS-like application that generates positioning information from the GSM cell data. The Series60 platform allows for many programs to be added, and also with the inclusion of Java Apps and Games. Its 123 MHz ARM-9 processor can handle many applications at a time, and it can calculate 16000 fibonacci numbers in 35 seconds, as calculated using FPC Bench.


*****************************

Anyways, I shall continue to use my 6670 until the day I decide to retire it.



Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: