Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Portfolio on Stockquest



I just recently joined this online stock trading game called Stockquest.
It follows actual movement in our Bursa Malaysia stock market.

And so far, I've played the game exactly the same way I would if I had RM 100,000 portfolio.
I'm always the conservative invertor who invests based on value and future prospects rather than speculating. Hence I do not think that I will win the competition but I'd love to be able to achieve 15% returns when the game finishes.

The below picture shows my share holdings for the 1st 2 weeks. Of course the returns dont really look appetising, but if I find it hard to search for value stock is our current market at 1480 points. Every stock seems to be at their high and there is a higher chance of a downside than upside



Of course, now I'm making about 1% returns but I'm looking at the long term prospects of these companies. As you can see, I'm overweight on construction and property sectors, and thats partly because of government's recent ETP announcement.


Our budget 2011 will also be announced this Friday afternoon and I think the key focus could be the implementation of more construction projects. And these are the companies which I think would be beneficiaries.


You can still join the contest as there is no closing date (the link is above). Even if you dont think can win, just try out playing the stock market for free! This is the 1st time I'm trading stocks and it makes good experience so i can be a bit more knowledgeable when I do decide to dip my feet into the stock market.


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: