Thursday, May 6, 2010

Early morning thoughts

Its 2am on a Thursday morning. I should be asleep now, but I'm not.

Was talking to a friend earlier about the past. As much as I would always complain about the past, and why I am where I am today.

I believe most of the time we will complain as if we were the innocent party when things dont go our way. I'm one of them. No doubt sometimes I feel upset when things don't work out right. I always wonder if it some1 else's fault. More often than not, we tend to blame other ppl for our failings (eventhough its really their fault!).

What we need to do sometimes, is to take a step back. Think about the whole situation. Do you think that what you did on your part is 100% the right thing? Or do you think that there was somehow a better way for you to have gotten things done?

We always tend to do a self evaluation, we complain to the world like we are the victims. Are we really that perfect?

I believe that I am not perfect. I agree that I made some mistakes of my own in the past. And I am where I am today because of it. I may complain but sometimes i just tend to forget that I may have a hand in my own failings.

So I'm not perfect. I made mistakes. But I know what I've done in the past maybe downright selfish, and sometimes just plain brash (maybe due to my lack of maturity ;-p). I may behave like a big baby when I don't get what I want.

But the great thing about it is that I know I made mistakes. Now all I gotta do is remind myself not to repeat them again, or else, if history were to repeat itself, I would have no1 else to blame; but myself!

So yes, if you are one of my victims which I used to complain (you of course, may not know it) I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. You may have your own reasons for acting in the manner which you did. I'm highly critical of others, and I should apply the same standards to myself.

There, got this off my chest.


Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: