Wednesday, August 11, 2010

100 day Burpee Challenge



I've decided to take up the 100 Day Burpee Challenge organised by my gym, REV Fitness.
So what is a burpee? Is it a person who listen to a burp? (A person who burps is called a burper?)

Of course its not! The definition of a burpee, according to Wikipedia, is is a full body exercise used in strength training and as aerobic exercise. It is performed in four steps:

- Begin in a standing position.
- Drop into a squat position with your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Kick your feet back, while simultaneously lowering yourself into a pushup
- Immediately return your feet to the squat position, while simultaneously pushing up with your arms.
- Leap up as high as possible from the squat position with your arms overhead (you may also clap your hands above your head at the peak of your jump).

The exercise was named in the 1930s for American psychologist Royal H. Burpee, who developed the Burpee test. Consisting of a series of the exercises performed in rapid succession, the test was meant to measure agility and coordination.[1] It is not clear whether the exercise itself was invented by Burpee, or if his test merely popularized it.

******************************

I've included a Youtube instructional video on how to do a burpee as per below:




So what is the 100 day challenge? From day 1 of the challenge, I will do 1 burpee. Day 2, 2 burpees, Day 3, 3 burpees until Day 100; where I will do a hundred burpees.

If lets say you skipped Day 8 and Day 9, you continue it on Day 10, you would have to do 8+9+10 burpees. That would be 27 burpees. So there ain't no skipping, if you do, you still have to make up for the lost days when you decide to continue it again.

So I just started the challenge today, and in my gym, its already Day 8 of the challenge. That meant that I had to do a total of 36 burpees (1+2+3+4...+8) tonight. Tomorrow i'm back on schedule, doing just 9 only.

Anyone, wants to take up this challenge with me?


Boodyboy, out!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GOOD LUCK!!! lol

P@nda.... said...

I think I'm gay, I can't stop starring at her boobs and abs~ LOL

Boodyboy said...

hahaha
there are many videos of how to do burpees, but i think this video will be the one that many ppl will actually watch

;-p