Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mistakes



" There are only 2 mistakes along the way to the truth that one makes; not going all the way, and not starting "

It is funny how we must usually learn from mistakes. More importantly, the mistakes we make.
How is it possible that despite having history, friends and families to learn upon, we still makes the same mistakes? Do we actually enjoy hearing the much dreaded phrase : I told you so?

No its not an emo post today. I was just driving back and was just reminiscing about the mistakes I've made in the past. And you know what? It brought a smile to my face. It is nice to know that i can look back upon the mistakes I make and think it is funny. By making light of the situation, it is easier on me and I can learn from it without feeling so much pain of getting it wrong the last time.



More often than not, I get super frustrated when I make a mistake (usually the 1st week), get emo and etc. However, it is strange that I do not use the same philosophy I have with mistakes that I use on Job Interviews.
My philosophy for job interviews is just to apply for any job that you may fancy. Don't be too choosy, widen your horizons a little further. Then once people are calling you up for interviews, do not reject them, even if you think there is almost no chance of you being interested in joining them.
They may just surprise you. In any case, even if it doesn't work out, or you screw up the interview, it doesn't really matter. You will definitely have gained experience and learnt something from it.
When your dream company calls you up for the dream position you've been waiting for, you are now ready to jump on this opportunity. Using you previous experiences, you will definitely be less nervous, and you can do much better in the interview. So all your previous job interviews will definitely give you an edge here.
Same thing with life. Sometimes, when we are in doubt of ourselves, just do it. Take a chance. So what if in the timing was wrong, or you could have chosen a better opportunity. At least when you've done it, you know what it takes the next time another opportunity arises. You might bash yourself thinking that was probably your best chance blown. Don't beat yourself up too hard. You don't know for sure what's coming up around the corner, or a month from now or 5 years down the road. Stay positive and tell yourself: when the RIGHT opportunity comes around, you are now better equipped to make the most of this.
The right opportunity will just. Wait for it...
=)
Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: