Saturday, February 6, 2010

Reflection

I've always been a fan of reflections. When ever the camera is in my hands, I will always try to capture a picture that encompasses a reflection.

I'd love to include pictures of reflections which i have taken in the past, but my PC has died, so I wont be able to show them to you today. But i would think that if you look thru my pictures in my Facebook and Multiply albums, you are bound to find a reflection shot in at least every album.

Thinking about this, I do realise that this style of photography which I favour, represents who I am in person. Friends who are close will know me as a person who does a lot of self reflection all the time. Whether this is a good thing or not, I won't know. But as far as I'm concerned, nothing is bad for you if it is exercised in moderation.

Well, maybe i do reflect more often than most people ;-p

Reflecting back is something I do all the time. Everytime I'm in the car alone it happens automatically. I reflect, but i also think ahead, ponder and wonder all at the same time when I drive. Maybe because I live quite a distance from anywhere hence driving time is the time for my mind to work itself.

Do I enjoy reflecting on a daily basis?

Well the answer is that it gives me mixed feelings. I can't control where my mind decides to ponder everytime I drive. Sometimes I reflect on the great things i have done, sometimes, the worst things that has happened to me or that may happen to me. On somedays, I just don't know why I even reflect those thoughts in the 1st place.

I guess my car is a thought bubble. Everytime I'm in it, my mind just runs riot. What if? Why? How come? What do I do? But i guess these few weeks, it's slowed down to one or only 2 things on my mind. Which is great, cause there's less uncertainty in my life.

Maybe its because of the past pace of my current job. Or the number of changes in my job that has occured around the same time I'm trying to accustomise myself there. Trying to make more friends while atthe same time, understanding everything about the company and my clients. Its tough juggling all these everyday.

ALthough I may not be able to juggle so many things at once, I'm glad to have been given this opportunity, this new lease on life. And today, the things I have on my mind while driving are so different than just a couple of months ago. Life seemed stagnant then. I wasn't going anywhere with my life. Life was a cycle then, albeit an easy 1. Today's cycle is a vicious, fast, exciting and tiring 1. But I feel energised, like a man reborn with a different mission to accomplish.

Well, I guess thats life. Everyday is different. Every month and year that passes is different. We may not know it, but i sure do reflect on them when they are gone ;-p

And remember, If a year passses without you learning anything from it, then its a year wasted. You will never get it back.



Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: