Wednesday, July 7, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010 : My Prediction Semi Finals #1



There is only a single game tonight and I think its gonna be a good match.

Uruguay vs Netherlands

Uruguay and Netherlands both have not conceded many goals in this tournament so far. And both teams have been pretty impressive.

Well by impressive i mean the Dutch have played well enough to beat whatever team that they faced so far in the competition. I do feel that the Dutch can play really really good football and overpower their opponents if they actually played to their true strengths. I'm not the only person who thinks so. I think they are an awesome attacking side. However, they seem to be putting focus on keeping their defence tidy at the same time. Maybe a little too much defensively. But hey, they've won every game so far, so Bert van Marwick has no reason to change his style. I'm looking forward to seeing Robben and Van Persie in full flight tonight.

Uruguay should have won the Ghana game easily but they made it difficult for themselves and almost lost the game if not for Suarez's heroics on the goal line. However, Suarez will be suspended for tonight's game and I don't really think his replacement will be as effective as he was. Diego Forlan will have to shoulder the huge burden and try to get something going for this Uruguayan team.

Looking at the overall team strength, I think the Dutch have a stronger squad. I would think that the Dutch will as usual, do just enough to win this game and not more. Win by a single goal margin. Netherlands to win this 1-0 or 2-1.


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: