Sunday, July 4, 2010

My Best Days Are Ahead of Me - Danny Gokey

Danny Gokey has always been the type of singer that inspires you.
From his American Idol days, where he a very sad story about his life. He has emerged from it and throughout his performances, he has given lots of people hope.

I've heard this song on radio recently and I thought, wow another soul inspiring song!
Reading the lyrics, I can bet most of us can understand wat he sings about. About life, and how we are always work-in-progress. The 1 thing we should always do is to look forward and believe that there are better things in store for us. Instead of feeling sad over what happened in the past, we should just look back and laugh at them, for we have learnt from them.

As usual, I always have plenty of thoughts running thru my head. I've decided to move a gear up in term of me exercising. To the point where I played futsal 4 times last week, went to gym as well as played badminton. Overboard? I try not to think so. I'd like to think that at 26, I'm at my prime and therefore, I should be able to do more with my body than anytime else.

Of course I would love for my mind to be as active, but as I already know, my mind is still not at its peak as it has not accumulated enough wisdom. And it is this lack of wisdom that has frustrated me so far. It has made me feel very disappointed with myself a few weeks back.

Just one day I thought I should not be kicking myself anymore, and instead of just sitting at home all the time, I shall get up and shape up. Yes I can say i've have been successful over the past month, increasing my level of fitness, but there is one thing I've still not been able to change. The thoughts that run through my head. And they are really beautiful thoughts indeed =)

So yeah, this song is dedicated to me and to those who think that i've gone mad with my workouts! And yes to those who feel that life will always bring you to a new low point everyday. Cheer up! If not I'll always be here to cheer you up =) And thats a guarantee, your best days are gonna be with me ;-p





Blowing out the candles
on another birthday cake
Old enough to look back and laugh at my mistakes
Young enough to look at the future and like what I see
My best days are ahead of me

Life hasn't always been a party
but mostly it's been good
There's only one or two things that I'd change if I could
I dont get lost in the past or get stuck in some sad memory yah
My best days are ahead of me

Age ain't nothing but a number
Sometimes I have to wonder
What does it really mean
But heeeey im still putting it together
I keep getting better
if I keep getting better
I can be whatever I want to be
My best days are ahead of me

Age ain't nothing but a number
Sometimes I have to wonder
What does it really mean
But heeeey im still putting it together
I keep getting better
if I keep getting better
I can be whatever I want to be

I've got sunsets to witness
dreams to dance with
beaches to walk on
and lovers to kiss
there's a whole lot of world out there
that I can't wait to see
My best days are ahead of me
My best days are ahead of me



Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: