Saturday, July 10, 2010

Genting Highlands - The Flora and Fauna

Was up in Genting 2 weekends ago and decided to see the lesser known sights there. Instead of snapping shot from the theme park and etc, I decided to go towards Mother Nature.

These are some of the pictures I took:



Mushrooms at the Mushroom farm. THe Mushroom farm is located somewhere along the road down from Genting towards KL. The roads will lead you from the back of First World hotel to a roundabout, which will have the Mushroom farm signage.




Morning glory blooming as the sun rose and a yellow wildflower with an insect which looks like a bee on it.





Lily of a species which I Do not know




Some of the small insects that caught my eye when I was there. This insect is slightly smaller than half my thumb





I like this Bokeh shot a lot. One of the few times my camera has correctly focused on what I wanted.




Another pink wildflower located near a tortoise pond. You can see the tortoise in the background




Managed to catch a picture if this fly resting on a leaf. Moved in on it as steadily and slowly as I could and this picture was taken with my camera about 2 inches away from it.






Here is a shot of a bee collecting pollen.





More wildflowers! I actually enjoyed looking around the ground and the side of walkways to find these little flowers. And they really look beautiful up close =)




This is my nephew, Anderson. We brought him along to enjoy the cool weather. Of course, he wasn't interested in all the plants and mushrooms. This was what he longed for... Rides at the theme park!!




Anderson, Annie (my cousin/Anderson's mum), my mother, my sister and me.
I've been living with Annie and Anderson for the past month and they are great company every time I come back from work.



A panning shot which I absolutely love because I tried many times and this was the only usable picture. Pity its a bit overexposed though...




This is another panning shot I maged to get while he was on another ride.
ALl in all, it was a good 1 nights trip to Genting and Anderson managed to get his share of rides. For me, it was a chance for me to get myself better acquainted with my new camera.
=)
Boodyboy, out!!!












No comments: