Sunday, January 16, 2011

Movie Review: Great Day (Tian Tian How Tian)




Its been a long time since I last did a movie review, but i think this movie is worth a review.

The reason being: its a local production with local personalities. So in a way must support right?

WRONG!

If its not good, local or not, not worth supporting.

I watched this movie on the insistance of my mum. She wanted tow atch this so badly that she was willing to watch the midnight opening on Wednesday. I bargained with her and we settled for Friday night. And yes, it was a Friday midnight movie date with my mom. Sue me.

Okay, the movie storyline is simple. Its about 2 old men who live in a old folk's home trying to outdo each other. They are always comparing how much their children loves them and how each of their children are successful. Long story short, its a family movie.

I absolutely LOVE the landscape in ths movie. Set amongst the paddy fields of Kedah / Perlis, i love the colors of the sky and the green paddy plants. There is a moral to these type of movies and I can say that it is pretty moving. Worth taking your family out to watch this movie.

Dialogues are in Mandarin, Cantonese as well as Hokkien, so there is a very Chinese kampung feel to that movie.

Rating: 7 / 10. pretty good for a local production on a budget. Can't help but notice the brands that were highlighted in the movie (no choice lah, sponsors mah...)


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: