Friday, March 26, 2010

Fuel for Life

Sitting on my ass is difficult. In fact its numbing when you sit on it too long.


And thats how I feel. Numb.

After being in the work force for 3 years (I know its not very long), I do feel like I'm on a plateau.

When I met with a friend for dinner a few days back, she said,"I think I feel dumber already working here."

Well, I may not agree that we became dumber, but we stopped learning new things, only because (sometimes or most of the time) our work is repetitive. So when this happens especially for a prolonged period, our body learns to process these things automatically.

So yes, I feel like I am lacking some form of challenge; be it intellectual or physical.

And I do feel that it could spur me to becoming more gung-ho again when it comes to going through the daily grind.



When I started my first job, my first challenge was to be able to climb up Mount Kinabalu.

I trained at the gym for about 2 hours, 3 times a week and had badminton trainings on weekends.

The hardwork paid off, I've never felt fitter in my life and I managed to climb to the peak with less difficulty (It still was very challenging for me) than I expected. (View my KK trip album here)




Later that same year, I took the final paper for my Certified Financial Planner certification.

It was difficult to study and work at the same time (most of my friends would agree with me on this) and I did not have the luxury of study leave or even exam leave. The weekend classes were a killer as well.


But in the end, I managed to get it thru and I felt some sense of achievement. And eventhough it did not come from work directly, I woke up every morning wanting to go to work, because I have so many things to achieve.


So sitting on my ass for a couple of days have made me realise, I could do with another challenge.

I'm still young (relatively, although I've always considered myself as an old soul ;-p) and my mind should still be able to absorb new stuff.


This is what I'm thinking of taking up.





Certified Financial Analyst (CFA). A lot of people have told me its very difficult and has a low passing rate. Now that sounds like a good challenge right? I did think about doing it a couple of eyars back, but I passed it over as I preferred CFP better. But now as it seems, the job market seems to favour those with CFA qualification. I maybe jumping onto the bandwagon too late as i know of many people who are already taking this.


Decisions, decisions....




Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: