Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Zee Avi: Live in Malaysia

So yes, I was one of the 2000 plus fans who turned up to watch Zee Avi's showcase in KL Live @ Life Centre.

I was informed that the event was a sold out and they had actually released more tickets for the event and that, was eventually sold out as well.

I bought the upper deck tickets which cost me RM80 each. Me and my sister arrived outside Life Centre at about 7.30pm and there was already a long queue. Luckily for us and everyone else, the line moved fairly quickly and we got in at about 8pm.

The unfortunate thing was that the event company stopped us from taking pictures inside the venue, and as such, I couldnt show the pictures.

That that being said, the crowd for the showcase was a mixed bunch of old and young, which was great. And being on the upper deck, we had less young crazed fans ;-p

We even got seats upstair while those who bought the lower deck had to stand the whole night. We parked ourselves at the front row and got a pretty good view that night. The show started at about 8.45 or 9pm.




When she walked in, she got a great reception from the crowd. It was sort of a homecoming for her, I guess. And she must feel mighty proud that she has a huge fan base back home.



It was a small intimate setting with her on the guitar, a drummer and a double bassist on stage.
Songs she played that night were : Poppy, Slow Hands (an Interpol cover), the Traveller, Honey Bee, Bitter Heart, Just you and me, Kantoi, First of the Gang, and the encore, Monte.

My personal favourites were Poppy, First of the Gang and Is This The End. Didnt get to hear her play the last one, but it fine with me ;-p

The obvious crowd favourite was Kantoi and Bitter Heart. That being said, she is much better live than on the CD. It kinda reminds me of the last time I watched Colbie Caillat about 2 years back at The Curve. Great live singers make me happy :-D

Well anyways, I hope she does well and come up with an even better album in the future. Will look forward to listening to them!


Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: