Thursday, March 18, 2010

You can't always get what you want

Thats the title for one of Rolling Stone's greatest hit.

And yes, that is true in real life. Too often, we want instant gratification. Unless you lead a blessed life, most of the time, it doesn't happen. Things do not fall into place with the snap of a finger. If it did, we wouldn't need to work a day in our life.

When we want something, we always want it now. Any later, even if we do get it, we become unhappy. We ask," Why didn't I get it earlier?" The answer = It comes with hard work.

Yes, hard work. If you don't work at it, no chance in hell will it come your way.
A lot of times, when you put in a lot of effort, especially for a prolonged time, you begin to wonder why there still isn't any result. You might be tempted to give up. But always remember, the person who gives up, no matter how close they are to their finish line, they didnt finish the race.

Keep working at it. Keep the faith. Believe in yourself and abilities, even if the people around you doubt you. Most of the people who ask you to give up, will never give you a pat on your back when you give up. So why listen to them?

I, myself am guilty of this. I am impatient. And I am a fool. I have not put in enough effort and I'm wondering why I haven't got what I wanted. I may have gotten lucky the last time, but I guess I thought it would be the same every other time. Guess I was wrong. I am guilty of even thinking of giving up so early.

Time to correct my ways. I will not give up so easily!






Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: