Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Under Pressure



Insanity laughs under pressure we're
cracking
Can't
we give
ourselves one more chance
Why can't we give love that one more
chance
Why can't we give love
Give love give love give love give
love
Give
love give love give love
Love's such an old fashioned word
And love
dares you to care for
The people on the edge of the night
And love dares
you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves

This is our last
dance
This is our last dance
This is
ourselves
Under pressure
Under pressure
Pressure

*Excerpts from Queen's song, Under Pressure*

Now this is a very funny scene if you can imagine it.

Last night i was driving my mum and my sister out to the nearby Jaya Jusco for dinner and some shopping when suddenly, out of the blue, my mum asked: So which girl are you going after now?

I just kept quiet and smiled, thinking "Oh Shit! Why she suddenly asked"
I just changed the subject, talking about work and the career opportunities that are available today.

Case Closed. Or so I thought

Later over dinner, my sister wanted to become the Batu Api, so she asked me in front of my mum: Eh, just now Mum asked you a question why you never answer her?

Then she looked at me and flashed me a million dollar smile. And I was like, "Dammit, why she wanna kacau lah..." Again I tried beating around the bush. Told her I still don't have enough cash for myself, let alone enough for another person in my life, financial commitments like insurance and investments etc...

Case Reopened and Closed. Or so I thought, again

After buying our groceries and I was driving back,

Mum: Why you trying to avoid my question ar? Ask u so many times still dont wanna answer. So is there girl you wanna go after lah??

BB (Boodyboy): Er.... (Just smiling while I'm going thru the database of all my females friends in my head)

Mum: You know or not, this is the best time for you to go after girls. You are young and you have plenty of time in your hands. Faster find one and you need some time to settle down wan lah!

Sis (sedang mencelah): Yalar... Faster lah! Don't always be home and bug me. Go and get a life!

Mum: You know, I married when i was 28 and you were born the following year. You see now, I still not too old, not yet retire and you are already working. If you marry and have kids late you will have trouble planning for your children education when you are retired leh...

BB: Yes lar... I know financial planning wan (Family planning not so good, understanding women: Fail)

Mum: SO whichever girl you are going after better try harder lah. Dont waste time liao. You know last time when we got married, we only rented a room and our combined salary was less than RM2k?

BB: Yeah, but those were the days lah. Which girl will actually want a guy who dont make much and wants to live in a rented place with you nowadays? Girls today are more realistic and so am I. Drinking water full (translate to Cantonese) is not good enough lah.

Mum: Haiyar... you don't try you never know. Some women nowadays like to stick thru thick and thin wan ma...

Sis: Yalar... Sometimes drink water full also not bad wan ma... You know, nowdayas i dont feel hungry as often liao (ROTFLOL!!!)

BB: Okay lah... Let me get my priorities straight first okay? If I got, you will be the 1st to know lah.

***********************

See lah, sudah under pressure tu!


Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: