Saturday, March 13, 2010

Terry-ble, Cole-d Days in the Woods for Neo

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, or what the title of this post means, maybe you can read up on the following articles before proceeding.


*Jack Neo's pic*





I'm sure even looking at the headlines you can get where this post of mine is going. Infidelity.

And who are these people? These guys are all in my opinion, public figures, which the public actually look up to for inspiration.

Ashley Cole and John Terry are very famous English footballers (who co-incidentally play for the same club; birds of a feather f*ck together??).

Tiger Woods is the history-in-the-making golfer who is, the greatest golfer of his generation and maybe of all time.

Jack Neo, if you are Malaysian or Singaporean, there isn't any reason not to know him unless you dont own a tv or dont read newspapers lah. He is the director of many movies that strike close to our hearts, and usually has a moral in all of the movies.

*********************************

Now I have a bone to pick with these guys. Not that I'm a saint myself, but I believe that every1 has a right to criticise their behaviour.

These guys really give the rest of us from the same sex a bad name. Seriously... You know feminists will take this and bash us guys even further. Majortiy of younger single women will think that all these bad press actually mirrors men in general.

These people deserve all the bad press they get. They deserve to get boo-ed or jeered or cursed at. I'm not gonna defend these people. But I just wish that the press will leave their families alone. They don't deserve all these negative spotlight. That is the last thing a family needs.

I'm seriously disappointed with the 4 guys mentioned earlier. Millions of people look up to them for inspiration. Parents tell their children to use them as role models. True they may say it happens to most men, so they shoudln't be bashed so much, but I of course, beg to differ. They deserve all the bashing they get in public. After all, they do make mega bucks from the public, the people who support them. And you cannot just shy away when something bad happens.

Gosh, just because they've become powerful, or are in a position of great influence, they behave like this. I honestly believe that if these guys weren't so successful, half of them wouldn't be doing it, to say the least. The other half would still do it, but that is because its in their genes ;-p

Maybe I guess, having a lot of power isn't too good after. Maybe they dont watch enough Spiderman (with great powers, comes great responsibility). or maybe, they think they are greater than Spiderman. I honestly don't care.

What I do belive is that these guys must make up for the wrong they have done. The damage is already irreversible. Taking responsibility and owning up to your own mistake is 1 thing. Making up for it is totally another thing altogether. I've never believed in making an ultra dramatic huge apology. I'd rather believe in the process of making things right. Now that will really show people that you are making an effort to change. Saying sorry is easy. Making amends is not.

But i do really hope they get their lives back on track and go on to become the people that the public portray them to be. ANd I hope their families get their lives back together and I wish them all the best.



Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: