Friday, April 23, 2010

50 Things about the person behind Boodyblog

Yes, in conjuction with the 5 anniversary of me blogging, I thought that I should do a little spotaneuous intro about myself. Maybe just for the dear readers o get to know me better (if ur on my FB you prolly know a lot already ;-p)

So lets get the list rolling (I'm just typing this as I go along, so its not ranked to importance)

**********************************************

50. I love sports, a lot. I follow football, badminton, golf, tennis, pool (billiards), bowling and I play the sports mentioned earlier. I also like basketball, futsal, curling. Though i wish i was good in any of these sports, i do try my best everytime i play. I just love a good sweat.

49. I'm very competitive, especially when i do something which i think i'm good at. Esp when it comes to sports, I love to win, or at least try to win. When I play a team sport and i have team-mates who dont do their best, I get really pissed off. If they tell me they only want to play for fun, win or lose doesnt matter to them; then my message is simple, go over the other team so u can enjoy losing as much as I enjoy winning. But if you at least try your best, then hey, I won't mind, at least we tried our best. Yes I can be that vicious when i have that competitive streak in me.

48. I talk a lot. My friends can vouch for that. Except in instances where there is a huge crowd, then i will let the crowd move on with their conversation. But in a small group, I definitely talk a lot.

47. No. 48 is true, unless I'm intimidated or with some1 whom i feel is very intellectual. Then I might be a bit more reserved for the fear of sounding like an ingorant fool when i speak.

46. I love to bullshit my way through. I hardly lose an argument because people usually just give up. However, my mum will always talk with more sense than me, hence I fail terribly when it comes to talking sense ;-p

45. I love tea. Chinese tea, chamomile tea, green tea and etc...

44. I love the concept of yumcha (drink tea). I enjoy spending time chatting with my friends while sipping tea for hours.

43. I dont really fancy coffee. Drinking them kau will leave me nauseated for hours. but if the brew of coffee is good, i wont mind giving a try just to taste how great it is.

42. So far, my fave places to sit down and send a few hours with friends catching up: Tea for 2 (Bangsar), Delicious (have not tried all outlets but i prefer BV2), Haven (Lookout Point), Alexis Bistro (Ampang for a nite of great jazz as well), any chinese place that has Chinese tea

41. I like the jazz scene here in Malaysia. Its a bit pricey, so I hardly indulge myself in them. But they do provide me with a few good hours of music. Places for me to go to are Alexis, No Black Tie as well as Bangkok Jazz

40. I dig music a lot, though not as much as my friend SN, who by the way is the biggest music freak I have ever known. I mainly like adult contemporary as well as jazzy songs. I especially like songs which I can feel the singers voice emote to the lyrics of the song. Powerful stuff when you hear that.

39. Photography is something I wish I was better at. it seems that I'm pretty bad with things that are related to the artsy fartsy side. I guess I can remmeber all the techinical aspects as well as the theoretical part of photography, but composing pictures is where i definitely suck.

38. To say I dont like to travel would be a lie. I would love to see more of the world, but I don't want to sacrifice my dreams of owning my ow property for the sake of going on holidays. Its a tough balance, but I dont want to lead a life pressed for cash just because I want to travel all the time.

37. I dont really like to travel on tours, maybe unless is a country where its difficult to speak the language or get from 1 place to another. I generally like to plan my own travels which will include a lot of walking. Walking gives you a feel of how the country really is, rather then just looking out of the tour bus window.

36. That being said, I'm not much of a backpacker. I still appreciate a little creature comfort. Dont really fancy dorms or hostels. After a long day of walking I'd like a nice bed to sleep well in ;-p

35. Another downside to me travelling is that I'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. That doesnt mean that I must have rice every meal. But I dont eat beef and lamb, which means my choice is severely limited to chicken, fish and pork.

34. Oh, and I also cannot swim, which sucks cause I like a seaside getaway.

33. I still have a desire to learn how to swim, but i need to get rid of my fear of water 1st.

32. I would also like to learn how to ride a motorcycle. After coming back from Bali and Phuket, i realised it would be very fun if i could rent a bike (preferably a Vespa) and wear those half cononut shell type helmets to ride about, discovering little nooks and crannies in the island.

31. I still have not had my ultimate roadtrip with my friends yet. It used to be the Great Ocean Road in Australia, but a more cost reasonable road trip would be a 1 week drive to Koh Lanta in Thailand. It will include a night's stop in Penang on both ways of the drive leaving 5 nights in the beautiful island of Koh Lanta.

30. My favourite English TV series has got to be Ed. its a bout a big city lawyer who goes back to his hometown, sets up his office as well as to try and get the affections of his high school crush. The storyline about the average guy in school trying to get the hottest girl in school back then appeals so much to me. Now if only i could find DVDs on the series online...

29. My fave Chinese TV series is "At the threshold of an era" starring Gallen Lo Kar Leung. The show is so unpredictable and the bad guy always wins. Nick Chueng Ka Fai does well in his role as a baddie here.

28. I'd like to think that i'm the best brother my sister ever had, although i'm not the most perfect ;-p

27. My driving has gotten worse with age. Am I'm only 26 at this point in time. I definitely drive more and more like a Malaysian as each day passes. Gone were the days when i used to think that driving past 100kmh is speeding.

26. Oh I love to sing, but many ppl who had the misfortune of singing karaoke would know that I'm not Malaysian Idol material. I'm a super monotonous singer who only can sing in 2 styles : louder and softer ;-p

25. I think karaoke are a good way for a person to release stress. Esp for me since i love songs and i feel that i can connect music with my feelings. Singing them songs makes me feel much better.

24. I like to take charge when I'm organising something which involves my friends. Seeing them smile and having a great time gives me immense pleasure.

23. Yes, i like to please people i care about. Tell me what you want and how you want it; I'll try my best to come up with something. Some ppl might say that I'm too accomodating.

22. I may not be a natural leader, but I'll do it if its for the good of every1 and because i know i can do it.

21. My sister says i make a poor boyfriend, to which I strongly disagree

20. But i do think that i'm not boyfriend material. Most people actually see me more as husband material. I guess that the problem, connecting the part from boyfriend to husband, LOL

19. When it comes to getting what I want, sometimes i'm too shy to go for what I want. I'm slightly reserved, but it's not due to the lack of desire. Maybe i dont go for it in a direct manner, which isnt good, cause if there was a competition for what i want, I might end up losing.

18. I'd rather not get what I want just as long as it makes other happy (sounds stupid right?)

17. As much as I preach about Financial planning, i'm not the most disciplined in this aspect myself ;-p

16. I like to think things through and through before making a decision. I'd hate to make a rash decision, and that maybe the reason as to why sometimes i could be fickle.

15. I always try to look at things from the other person's point of view as well as looking at things from a macro aspect.

14. There were a few setback that I experienced last year, hence despite my many travels last year, it wasnt the best year of my life. This year though, i feel that it has to be the year i move on from last year's setbacks. And I'm trying, very hard everyday

13. Once in a while i meet some1 who comes into my life and immediately, you know these are great people to be around with. And you wished you had met them much earlier in your life. I'm blessed to have met these people.

12. I like cooking!! My specialties are Hokkien Mee, Loh Mee, and Braised Yee Mee

11. is my favourite number. Worn by by my favourite player of all time, Ryan Giggs

10. My car is like my mobile shoe closet. I have at least 5 pairs of footwear in it any anytime (except the times when i send it for cleaning)

9. When I use the restroom, i try to use the urinals in the middle

8. I'm a big believer in chivalry as well as fillial piety

7. Is the date of my birthday, and also another jersey number of my favourite player, Eric Cantona

6. My target weight which I have set for my self is 68kg

5. I like to keep my hair long but almost all of my friends have said that i dont look good in it. Always wanted the "Wang lee hom" look

4. I used to have a "curry puff" hairstyle thanks to my frequent use of hairbands

3. I used to wear a phone pouch right at my hips.

2. And I used to wear shorts with a short sleeved shirt to attain the "Uncle" look

1. I am now trying to change my fashion style to look more metro :-p


Thanks for making it this far!



Boodyboy, out!!

3 comments:

Hayashivon said...

my fren from canada recommended me tis movie, haven't watch it yet, but glad to hear it's nice n worth to watch. :)

Boodyboy said...

hmm... yes it is nice tow atch, if u like thrillers and thinking through the movie

Did u comment on the wrong blog post then?
this post is 50 things about boody wor

Hayashivon said...

eh? reali??
haha..must hav got into the wrong post to leave comment..XP