Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Toy Story

Watching Toy Story 1 & 2 3D double header the other night made me think about the toys I had as a kid.



I don't really remember too much about my childhood, but I know I didn't have many toys. Well that could definitely be due to my family's financial status then (we did after all, stayed in a squatter area in PJ, now has been replaced with Paramount LRT station in PJ). So toys were a luxury, most of the time, I used to run around the squatter village with the other kids. Being the youngest and shortest, I would always be left behind chasing them long after they are gone.






One of the toys i remembered most was a gun that the other village (well it was a kampung setinggan then, wooden houses and some cement houses lah) kids made from pieces of unused wood by the local carpenter. The kids will then fashion it to look like a gun and tie a rubber band, and will employ the above "buah ceri" as bullets! Mind you it is painful when u get hit by these unripe cherries, and we used to have shootouts all over the village. Me being the youngest, always gets spared from the brutal shootings, hehehe!

Well onto toys lah, I'll get into the games i used to play when i was young in another post.



The toy i used to play most with was my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) figurines. I had all 4 of them, and would use to have "adventures" with them almost everyday, with a different bad guy or scenerio (Much like Woody and Buzz's owner, Andy of Toy Story).








The next toy I remembered playing with would be my Bumblebee toy. Yes the old bumbleebee, not the pimped up Camaro version. I only had 1 or 2 Transformers toy, mainly because it was pretty expensive then, hehehe. And I used to play with Bumblebee with my little lego set.

It could be a space mission to rescue the Earth from being destroyed or some other plot, but hey, I guess playing with these toys allowed me to work with my imagination more.




The last game I played with most, and might i say the most cost effective game, is Masak Masak.
While more girls over the other side of the planet played with tea sets, over here, we have masak masak. In fact, i remembered playing with my sister's masak masak set more than her!

Yes, I always enjoed being the head chef of a restaurant. A big Tai Chow place cooking stuff that will have huge flames coming from the stove! Hahahah, but of course, it was all make believe, i didnt have the guts to play with fire back then (and now too ;-p). I love to "cook up a storm" when i was playing on the yard at home.

What were your toys back when you were a kid?

*****************

Thinking about the toys i had sure is a fun trip down memory lane. So was watching Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D. Absolutely fun and enjoyable movie. I can't wait for the third part to be released in June! I'd rate the Toy Story double header a 7 / 10!

Till then,



Boodyboy, out!!

2 comments:

P@nda.... said...

buah ceri gun!!!
I used to made the gun and played that too! hahaha...
n one day i accidentally shot my dad in the head T_T
my dad was like omgwtfcerisauce

Boodyboy said...

hahaha glad to know i know another person who plays with the buah ceri gun