Saturday, June 5, 2010

Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling in Love

I have this CD of my favourite Elvis' hits playing in my car now. When this song is played, the following scene pops into my head all the time. I always get a little wry smile thinking about it. So cliched.

*******************

Man stands in front of the mirror in his room. His heart beats a thousand times per second. His mind is going thru a thousand situations a second. His palms start to become sweaty.

How should he say it? Is this the right time to say it? What would be her reaction? How will things work out? What if he doesn't say it? Will he rue this missed the opportunity in the future?

He decides, "Enough of thinking and wondering! I must take things into my own hands. Make it mine (ala Jason Mraz's song ;-p). He leaves his place.

He arrives at her place. Knocks on the door confident, pumped up. From the other side of the door, he hears her faint voice. Asks him to wait awhile. Its those few seconds, suddenly his heart rate shoots up the roof.

The door opens. There she is, dressed casually; the most beautiful woman he has seen. She smiles at him, and asks him, "Whats up?"

He stands there, looking like a deer caught in headlights. His mind empty, he's at a loss for words. His mouth opens, and the 1st thing he says is "Errr..."

"I think I left something with you earlier didn't I? Sorry to trouble you at this time of night."

She smiles and asks him to wait while she gets his thing and passes it back to him. "Is that all?"

"Yeah", he says. "Thanks and get a good night's rest."

She bids him a goodnight and farewell, and proceeds to close the door.

He stands there, feeling dumb. Kicking himself "What the heck is wrong with you??" he screams in his head. "OK, lets try this again". He runs through the imaginary situation in his head again. He practices what he wants to say, in front of her door. Satisfied with the practice, he thinks to himself, "Lets do it for real now. No turning back. If she's the 1 you want, she should know about it. It will be selfish of you not to let her know."

He lifts his hand up, to knock the door. He gets more and more nervous, then knocks on the door, calls out her name (His voice, was almost choked as he feels like the words are balled up at his throat. Calling out her name though, was just about as beautiful as he could imagine it in his head).

She opens the door and asks, "Anything?"

There he stands. Just a guy, who likes a girl. So simple, yet for a person who can speak so comfortably with her all the time, he's loss for words. He goes thru the imaginary practice session he had in his head again.

"Is it okay if I come awhile? It's late and we've had a long day out, so I won't take too much of your time."

"Sure thing. Why do you have to look so serious lah? Come in lah"

He steps inside and she closes the door behind her.


*********************






Wise men say only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be
Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you
For I can't help falling in love with you

No comments: