Thursday, June 17, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010 : My Prediction for Day 7

Got 2 results right again last night,but the wrong scores.
I, together with most pundit would have gotten the Spain vs Switzerland game wrong. It was a great upset.

Tonight's predictions;


Group A: France vs Mexico

Now i term this match a do or die match. The team who loses this game would almost have an uphill task to qualify seeing that Uruguay destroyed South Africa last night. French are still out of form, while the Mexicans are still playing attractive, good football.

I'd love to see Mexico win this game but in all likelihood, I think this match would be a draw. 1-1 for me (but the hopeful side in me would like to see Mexico win this 3-2)


Group B: Argentina vs South Korea

Both teams won their 1st game of the tournament and a second victory would guarantee qualification. I think the Argentinians would be on fire after dominating their earlier game and would like to set the record straight by piling up the goals. I think there is too much quality in Argentina for South Korea to handle.

Argentina to win this by at least 2 goals. 2-0


Group B: Greece vs Nigeria

I think Greece would end up bottom of this group. Otto Rehaggel should have retired after leading the Greeks to European glory 6 years ago. Now it looks like he won't be leaving in glory. Greeks are a bit too poor compared to the Nigerians.

I tip the Nigerians to nick this by a single goal margin. 1-0


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: