Wednesday, June 16, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010 : My Prediction for Day 6

Got 2 out of 3 right again. The scores were wrong though. North Koreans did very well and played with lots of determination. At times, they did play pretty good football. The Kiwis surprised me by managing a last gasp goal to snatch a draw off Slovakia. The Slovakians would be bitterly disappointed. And as for the Portugal vs Ivory Coast game, I was surprised that Drogba came off the bench to play! There was Ronaldo brilliance, but it went off the goal post.


Here are my predictions for tonight’s matches.


Group H: Spain vs Switzerland

Both the Spanish and Swiss have their own injury problems. The Swiss captain, Alex Frei is out injured while for Spain, Torres might be unfit to start the game, as with Fabregas. But in this group, the Spanish are my favourties to top the group.

I tip Spain to win this by 2 goals.


Group H: Honduras vs Chile

Hondurans will make history as the 1st team with 3 brothers in their squad. The Palacios brothers are the only highlight this team has. They have been very unconvincing in the previous 5 friendlies, scoring only 2 goals. Chile on the other hand, has been impressive. Overall, man for man, I think Chile has a better team.

Chile to win this by 2 goals as well.



Group A: South Africa vs Uruguay

This is the 2nd game of Group A. South Africa played out of their skins to manage a draw the previous game and almost stole victory at the death when one of their shots hit the post. Uruguay however, played an uninspiring game against the French last time out. I’m not sure that will boost the morale of the players. I don’t see much into this game. If the SA team played like they did in the 1st game, we would see a draw again.

But I still think Uruguay has a stronger team, and as such should be able to nick this game. Win by 1 goal margin.



Boodyboy, out!!

No comments: