Monday, June 14, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010 : My Prediction for Day 4

Again, since the matches are due to being in less than an hours time, its gonna be a quick and short prediction for tonight.


Group E: Netherlands vs Denmark

2 relatively strong countries from the European continent face off. The Dutch team are one of my tips for the title, but unfortunately they are in the same half as Brazil and Spain. In this group however, I think its pretty straight forward. Netherland looks like they have the best team in the group on paper. And based on the results of thier previous friendlies, I think the Dutch are capable of winning by 2 or 3 goals tonight.


Group E: Japan vs Cameroon

Cameroon is also another strong African team, led by Samuel Eto'o. The Japanese team, however hardworking they maybe have not fared well in recent friendlies. They have also never won a World Cup game away from home.

Cameroon to win by 1 or 2 goals.


Group F: Italy vs Paraguay

The Italians are my favourite team in the tournament. Paraguayans are playing very attractive football with the right results at the moment while the Italins have stuttered and stumbled. However, I think italy's squad may still have the advantage, despite having a lot of old player from the previous World Cup. Its either a 1-1 draw or a narrow victory for the Italians.


So far based on 2 days of predictions I've gotten 2/3 right (may not be the score but the winning team). I think thats still not too bad, after all, group stages are easy to predict.


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: