Friday, June 18, 2010

FIFA World Cup 2010 : My Prediction for Day 8

My wish for Mexico to win came true last night. It looks like Les Blues are gonna get the blues real soon. THe Argentina game has got to be the best so far in the tournament. They beat South Korea 4-1, and the score was flattering. The Koreans pushed them all the way and had great chances themselves. The shock for me came from the Greece vs Nigeria game. But that game turned because of a red card incident for Nigeria.

I think from today onward I shall give 2 score predictions and 1 Asian style gambling prediction.

Tonights matches:

Group D: Germany vs Serbia

The Serbians looked like a team without ideas in ther previous game. Though they are good defensively, its hard to see them create a goal unless it is coming from a set piece. Germany however, are on a high after the 4-0 demolition of Australia in the previous game. However, the only fear is that their young team maybe suffering from overconfidence due to the good press they've been getting.

But then again, man for man, the Germans have the edge as well as the form. German to win this 2-0 / 2-1. Asian style would be Serbia +1 (means Serbians get 1 ball)


Group C: Slovenia vs United States

Both teams are relatively good and I think for the US team particularly, they will be on a high after managing a draw against England. I still think that England will top this group, and whoever who win this tie will be placed 2nd. I have a feeling that the Americans could nick this game, just a gut feeling. United States to win this 1-0 / 2-1. SLovenia + 1/2 (Half ball)


Group C: England vs Algeria

The Algerians are the poorest team in this group and I think all they could hope for at most is to park the bus and maybe get a lucky draw. The English will be looking to get the score right this time and show they mean business. I just hope that the players do no get too affected over Capello's selection policy.

England to win this by at least 2 goals. 2-0 / 3-0. Algeria 1 1/2 (1 and a half) / 2 (2 balls)

Lets hope I get all 3 right this time around =)


Boodyboy, out!!!

No comments: